POSITION AVAILABLE: Election Protection Campaign Organizer (North Georgia) – Temporary Part-Time Position located in Georgia
REPORTS TO: Election Protection Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Working in coordination with local partners the Election Protection Campaign Organizer will be responsible for training and supporting Common Cause members and other volunteers who participate in voter protection activities as volunteer poll and board of election monitors during the 2018 elections in Georgia. The Election Protection Campaign Organizer will also work with partner organizations to build election protection infrastructure across the North Georgia region.
- Work with national and local allies to support volunteers to serve as non-partisan volunteer poll monitors, assisting voters and reporting problems at polling places.
- Be the primary contact for, and coordinate, volunteers from the general public referred by partner organizations;
- Represent Common Cause and coordinate with other Election Protection coalition partners, as required.
- Organize volunteer trainings throughout the region
- Train volunteers, identifying potential community leaders and partners.
- Work with local allies to develop organizational communications and supervisory structure for early vote and Election Day operations.
- Schedule and deploy teams of volunteers for early vote and on Election Day, providing command center and field support for poll monitoring teams and captains.
- Gather and correlate Election Day reports.
- Memorialize best practices, evaluate program, and recommend improvements for future Election Protection efforts
- 2-5 years’ experience in community organizing and/or political or issue campaigns.
- Experience coordinating volunteers.
- Ability to build and cultivate relationships with people and organizations of various orientations and backgrounds.
- A demonstrated passion for social justice and reform issues.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills and the ability to motivate people to take action.
- Capable of juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability for clear, concise and persuasive writing.
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects and work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with, and skill in, online advocacy and social media campaigning.
- Flexibility, creativity, curiosity and a good sense of humor essential.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends and travel throughout Georgia.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural competency, including the ability to work effectively with those belonging to groups of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, language, ability, age and socioeconomic status.
- Language skills desired, but not necessary.
This is a temporary, part-time position based in North Georgia. Salary commensurate with experience. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Common Cause strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply. Legal work authorization required.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to Sara Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org and include –Election Protection Campaign Organizer- North GA – in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to respond as soon as possible, as we will conduct rolling interviews with a target start date of August 31, 2018.