GALEO: Program Coordinator for Community Engagement & Development
GALEO Program Coordinator for Community Engagement & Development
Mission Statement: GALEO’s mission is to increase civic engagement and leadership of the Latino/Hispanic community across Georgia. Our core beliefs are: Inclusion, Non-Partisan, Diversity and Responsive.
General Office Responsibilities include
- Lead in administrative support of office and support to Executive Director and other GALEO Coordinators
- Maintain computer and files, records and contact lists in a consistent and organized manner
- Data management: input of contact information, storage, reports issuance, and retrieval
- Assist with various community involvement activities in support of the development of GALEO and the GALEO Latino Community Development Fund.
- Facilitating and supporting fundraising initiatives
- Liaison for GALEO Leadership Council (GLC), facilitating and supporting GLC Chair and Committees
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and other GALEO Coordinators.
- Coordinates meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up, and issue resolution.
- Assist with GALEO Institute for Leadership activities such as recruiting participants, facilitation of sessions, and event execution.
- Assist with Citizenship workshops periodically
- Assist with Georgia Latino Vote activities such as voter registration drives, fundraising, canvassing and field organizing.
Website & Social Media Management
- Blogging and posting updates on social media for further engagement
- Maintaining and recruiting for the GALEO Facebook page
- Post videos on YouTube.com
- Post pictures on social media (Instagram/Facebook/LinkedIn)
- Managing GALEO Website and other affiliated websites utilizing WordPress.
Program Coordinating Responsibilities include:
Volunteer Program Management
- Communication and coordination with volunteers for GALEO events such as fundraising, voter registration and citizenship drive activities
- Maintenance of a contacts database.
- Assist with logistics planning, scheduling, and calendaring for maximum volunteer participation
- Weekly check-ins with GALEO Coordinators to map out volunteer opportunities
Intern Program Management
- Communicating and coordinating GALEO intern duties with GALEO Executive and Program Coordinators for voter engagement, administrative support, citizenship events, fundraising, and policy work
- Recruitment of Interns for Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Membership Responsibilities include:
- Fundraising support
- Data management, including data entry, data safe keeping, and issuing reports as needed
- Membership record keeping, communication, and organizing.
- Coordination for GALEO events such as fundraising, voter registration, and special events.
- Associate’s Degree or two years of college experience preferred with two years of administrative support experience (or equivalent combination of both).
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish; must be able to read, write and translate between both languages.
- Must have people skills and ability to work comfortably with diverse audiences.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate teamwork.
- Must demonstrate commitment and knowledge of Latino community and issues.
- Some experience in non-profit sector is desirable.
- Willingness to work in fast-paced & flexible environment.
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule; working weekends and evenings will be required at times.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and follow through on tasks.
- Willingness to grow with GALEO & GALEO Latino Community Development Fund.
- Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills.
- Computer skills are critical. Ability to work with MS Windows and/or Mac Office programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint and various internet applications and social media such as Facebook.com, YouTube.com, Twitter and Instagram. Must be comfortable or able to learn to work with website updates and familiar with HTML code.
Position is to be considered entry-level, full time and salaried. Compensation based upon experience and position is to be filled right away.
GALEO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Please send the following in an email:
- An email cover letter
- An attached resume
- Two writing samples: one in English and one in Spanish are required.
- List of 3-5 work related references
to Jennifer Zenteno Pearce, email@example.com.
Office location: Norcross, GA.