Position Title: Bilingual Enrollment Specialist
Classification: Full – time
Location: 1382 Peachtree St. NE Atlanta, GA 30309
Reports To: Customer Relations/Enrollment Team Leader
Number of People Supervised: 0
Essential to the BBBSMA brand, the primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBSMA standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: volunteer yield and processing time; youth yield; youth/parent processing time, customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of
any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review and follow-up on references as appropriate. Immediately bring to the attention of supervisor concerns regarding reference information, which may influence the volunteer enrollment process.
- Conduct volunteer and client reassessments/updates as indicated.
- Identify and eliminate any barriers interfering with the completion of the enrollment process.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency.
- Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports and recommendations for participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer.
- Collaborate with other service delivery staff to ensure smooth transition among functions and follows process through to next point of contact.
- Determine matches and facilitate match meetings in accordance with volunteer and family schedules.
- Makes recommendations to Match Support Specialist for training and support and needs.
- Maintain accurate paperwork for each match according to BBBSA and agency standards.
- Enter information into computer as information is gathered.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, education or related field plus commiserate
Experience required. Experience working in a non-profit preferred. Experience working with both child and adult populations required; specific assessment, intake, or interview experience preferred. Bilingual Spanish-English skills required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and telephone.
Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction.
Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting,
confronting, advising and/or negotiating.
Ability to relate well in multicultural environments.
Ability to effectively collaborate with other program staff.
Ability to effectively organize and manage a large case load with attention to time sensitive deadlines.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and use time effectively in a fast paced environment.
Ability to focus on details, collect meaningful data, and draw solid conclusions.
Bilingual positions require incumbents to write and speak Spanish fluently.
BEHAVIOR NORMS AND COMPETENCIES
Is receptive to direction, feedback and guidance.
Shares own needs, wants, and perspectives in a positive way.
Appreciates and values individual differences.
Shows engaged and active listening so that others feel heard and understood.
Seeks collaboration by encouraging others’ ideas and input.
Takes initiative to find out what’s expected and receive feedback.
Uses personal mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
Flexible problem-solver and adapts approach to be most effective.
Follows, and encourages others to follow policies, procedures, and behavior norms.
Follows through with goals and commitments.
Maintains healthy boundaries, and does not participate in negative talk.
Is willing to cross-train and cover for others as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. This position is located in our Atlanta office, though it may require some regional travel.
Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Saturday and evening schedule availability is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSMA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties/responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by- case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSMA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Email: Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a letter of interest, salary history, and resume. No phone calls please.