Volunteers are essential to all of the work we do at GALEO. If you are interested in becoming more involved, please let us know. The GALEO Leadership Council is a great way to contribute to the community and develop leadership skills focused on GALEO’s mission. One must be a GALEO Member (starts at $15.00 rate) or alumni of the GALEO Institute for Leadership program in order to become involved with the GALEO Leadership Council. All other volunteer opportunities are open to ALL community members (if under the age of 18, must be accompanied by an adult).
If you would like to help us register voters in your own community, please contact Harvey Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lots of volunteer opportunities! All are welcome for these volunteer opportunities (if under 18 years of age, an adult or parent must accompany). These opportunities will be updated regularly.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to sign up for any of these events
Call for volunteers at Citizenship Workshops!
Catholic Charities of Atlanta and the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials is hosting a free citizenship workshop June 17th at the Mexican Consulate, 1700 Chantilly Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 from 9am-3pm . At this free naturalization workshop, you will be helping green card holders apply for U.S. citizenship. Green card holders will be given one-on-one assistance in completing their application forms and fee waivers, provided with individual legal review by an attorney, and given a clear list of next steps.
The link for attendees is below:
We are looking for volunteer attorneys and BIA accredited representatives to assist us the day of in doing attorney consults and final review. No experience in immigration law is required. Training will be provided.
The link to sign up to volunteer is below:
Special Election for Congressional District 6
We will be doing Door to Door canvassing and Phone banking for this special election for June 20th.
(3510 Shallowford Rd, Atlanta, GA 30341)
- Saturday, June 3, 10am – 2pm
- Sunday, June 4, 10am – 2pm
- Saturday, June 10, 10am – 2pm
- Sunday, June 11, 10am – 2pm
- Thursday, June 15, 5pm-8pm
- Saturday, June 17, 10am – 2pm
- Sunday, June 18, 10am – 2pm
Volunteers are needed to register voters at Naturalization ceremonies! Many people will become U.S. citizens this year and will need to register to vote. Volunteers are needed to help us with this initiative. Please volunteer if you can! Here is the remaining schedule for 2017.
- May 12, 2017 – Ceremony to take place in the Gainesville Division
June 09, 2017
August 11, 2017
September 08, 2017 – Ceremony to take place in the Rome Division
September 22, 2017
October 13, 2017
November 17, 2017 – Ceremony to take place in the Newnan Division
December 08, 2017
- Let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your interest and feel free to invite friends too! There will be training necessary for all volunteers before going to the naturalization ceremonies. The training sessions take place on the first Thursday of every month so please RSVP with Harvey Soto email@example.com to confirm.