CLASS OF 2014 SESSION
The schedule below is required of all participants in order to graduate; attendance to allsessions is mandatory. In addition, participants will be required to carry out a Group Community Project, which will be developed together with their fellow participants and presented to the group during one of the sessions.
Only ONE excused absence will be allowed for the duration of the program and it must be due to extreme extenuating circumstances; subsequent absences will deny you the ability to receive your graduation certificate, but you can continue to attend sessions and receive a certificate of participation.
This program will only be conducted in English, so working knowledge of the English language is required.
*** To apply, please visit the following link: http://www.georgialatinovote.com/gil-application/#.UmbGKxAnV9k ***
March 3, 2014, Midnight: Application deadline
After your application is received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview, which will take place in the Metro Atlanta area at a date and time that is convenient for you.
APPLY NOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT!!!
The participation dues for the GALEO Institute for Leadership 2014 are as follows:
- Adult: $150.00
- Student: $50.00
- Limited scholarships are available for 50% of the fee. Financial necessity will have to be documented and demonstrated. Please contact Laura Toro, firstname.lastname@example.org for details. If a scholarship is granted, attendance to ALL sessions will be required or the scholarship will be forfeited and the recipient will have the pay the remainder of the dues.
- Participation dues are payable upon the commencement of the program, in March 2014. Payment in installments will be acceptable upon approval by the Program Manager.
Timeline for the GALEO Institute for Leadership 2014
All sessions will start at 9:00 A.M. and end at 5:00 PM, unless otherwise noted.
Friday, March 7, 2014: Reception (6:30 PM – 8:30 PM):
- Course starts – WELCOME, Introduction & Purpose
Saturday, March 8, 2014:
- Module: Understanding Community Leadership
- Leadership Panel with local community leaders
Saturday, April 5, 2014:
- Module: Valuing Community Diversity
- Diversity Panel and Exercises
Saturday, May 3, 2014:
- Module: Group Dynamics
- Group Dynamics Activity and GALEO Leadership Council Overview
Saturday, May 31, 2014:
- Module: Effective Communication
- Public Speaking Workshop
Saturday, June 28, 2014:
- Module: Managing Conflict
- Civics 101
- Managing Conflict Speakers
Saturday, August 2, 2014:
- Module: Group Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Module: Conducting Successful Meetings
Saturday, September 6, 2014:
- Module: Building Communities through Partnerships and Collaboration
- Group Community Projects Presentation
Saturday, September 27, 2014:
- Class Field Trip Focusing on Community Issues (Times and location, TBD).
Saturday, October 25, 2014:
- Georgia Demographics
- GALEO Leadership Council
- Public Service & Running for Public Office
Saturday, November 15, 2014: Graduation (11:30 AM – 1:30 PM)
Please direct any questions to Laura Toro, Program Manager of GALEO, at 404.745.2546 or email@example.com.