Position: Farmworker Outreach Coordinator, Full-Time
Position Available: October 1, 2017
Tapestri Inc. is dedicated to ending violence and oppression in refugee and immigrant communities, using culturally competent and appropriate methods. As advocates for immigrant and refugee families affected by domestic violence, sexual assault and exploitation, Tapestri Inc. is committed to using education, community organizing, direct services and advocacy to improve the lives of those it serves.
This position will work in collaboration with the Georgia Legal Services Program, Farmworker Rights Division to provide specialized outreach to the farmworker community in South Georgia including Glynn, Bacon, Grady, Appling and Colquitt County with a focus to identify victims of human trafficking and provide them with information and referrals to services. The outreach coordinator will have an office in metro Atlanta and will be responsible for weekly travel to counties listed above.
- Develop a monthly outreach plan in collaboration with Georgia Legal Services.
- Conduct weekly outreach activities in South Georgia
- Facilitate referrals of farmworkers to appropriate legal or social services providers as needed.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for outreach activities
- Assist in developing and distributing outreach material (e.g. fliers, pamphlets)
- Participate in community outreach events
- Attend Agriculture Task Force meetings on a quarterly basis
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in Latin American Studies, Political Science, Religious Studies, Sociology and Psychology. Other majors will be considered in addition to work experience
- Familiarity with issues of refugee and immigrant victims
- Bilingual (Spanish) required
- Good writing skills
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout the state of Georgia
- Salary $38,000 plus benefits
Application Process Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.