The Department of Kinesiology at the University of Georgia invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position at the assistant professor rank in the area of sport management with expertise in sport marketing to begin August 1, 2019.
The Department of Kinesiology has 27 full‐time faculty members and offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. programs in the academic areas of sport management, exercise science, and health and physical education. Department faculty members are nationally and internationally recognized for their scholarly accomplishments and teaching excellence. The Department has exceptional facilities in the Ramsey Center located on the main campus. Information about the department can be found at www.coe.uga.edu/kinesiology.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in sport marketing and other courses in the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Establish a high-quality, focused line of research that includes collaboration with undergraduate and graduate students.
- Seek external funding for research projects and educational programs.
- Advise graduate students and direct thesis and dissertation research.
- Participate in the development of the sport management program.
- Serve the institution and profession.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent) in sport management or a related field of research by the start date.
- Evidence of successful research, teaching, and potential for securing external funding in sport marketing.
Applicants should submit all of the following:
- A letter of application specifically responsive to the responsibilities and required qualifications of the position as described above.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Research and teaching statements.
- Reprints of three recent research articles in print or in review.
- Names and contact information of four references.
Transcripts and letters of reference will be required only from finalists.
All materials should be submitted electronically via www.ugajobsearch.com
Questions may be addressed to the search committee chair, Dr. Steven Salaga at email@example.com.
Applications are accepted until November 9, 2018, but to ensure expeditious review, please submit all materials by October 15, 2018.
The University of Georgia (www.uga.edu) is a land grant/sea grant institution, with several campuses in Georgia and overseas. The main campus is in Athens, Georgia, a city highly-ranked as a top place to live, with a population of 120,000 and located 60 miles northeast of Atlanta (see www.visitathensga.com and www.georgia.gov). Besides the University of Georgia Athletic Association, the greater metropolitan area of Atlanta provides abundant opportunities for research, teaching, and professional engagement.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not contact the department or search committee with such requests.
Hiring is contingent on proof of eligibility to work in the United States and completion of a background check, among other requirements. This position is contingent on the continued availability of funding.