Nature and Scope :
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Member Engagement, the Associate – Little School and Hispanic Family Engagement will be primarily responsible for supporting the branch Little School and Welcoming Hispanic Families Initiative program(s) and for the successful achievement of Welcoming Hispanic Families and developing the Little School program. Also, this position will play a key role in delivering support the Little School program and translation support to the branch.
The McCleskey and Northeast YMCAs are located in Marietta, GA.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish is required.
- CDA (Child Development Associate) Certificate preferred or minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience in early childhood education or related work with children ages 0-5.
- 2 or more years of experience working with parents/caregivers of young children is preferred
- High School diploma required
- Ability to work up to 20 hours a week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings and some nights.
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base management.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check.
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation.
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout employment.
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position’s scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding Little School and Welcoming Hispanic Families programs.
- Promote, monitor, evaluate and ensure that all Little School and Welcoming Hispanic Families programs run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Substitute teach for Little School teachers if someone needs a substitute.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of learning and welcoming curriculum.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR, Keeping Kids Safeand any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical competencies based on needs specific to role:
Relationship, Collaboration, Community, Inclusion
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the Little School and Welcoming Hispanic Families Initiative and the success of services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of program participant families and members and ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Ergonomics : Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 40 pounds.
Please click on the link to apply: http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=YMCAPASS&cws=4&rid=4466