Branch: McCleskey-East Cobb Family YMCA
Job Location: Different Locations, see below
Supervisor: Program Director
Work Week: Tues, Wed, Thurs, other days as needed
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Lead for preschool age programming provides direction for the early learning program, and implements program curriculum that prepares children for Kindergarten in the classroom located offsite at different locations (addresses below). Instructor must speak Spanish. They will provide a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. They will assist in enabling the child to be ready for school.
Organizational Competencies – Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports our Annual Campaign Fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Must be able to communicate fluently with children and parents in Spanish as well as English.
- Plan and implement early-learning curriculum with a pre/post assessment
- Design and implement daily lesson/activity plans
- Create classroom displays that help children reflect on and extend their learning
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities
- Maintains communication with parents and engages them as volunteers
- Work with parent volunteers to plan activities for students
- Maintain records as it relates to attendance and assessments
- Maintain program site and equipment
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, orientation, staff training and staff meetings
- At least 21 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training (provided within first 30 days)
- Previous experience working with children ages 3-5 in a developmental setting
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
- Previous experience with diverse populations
- A 2-year degree in Early Learning Education is preferred
Ergonomic Requirements: Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities, bending, stooping, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, seeing, verbal communication and hearing
Effect of End Result:
Children and families will experience a safe, high quality pre-school program. Children will be appropriately supervised at all times and show improved readiness for Kindergarten.
Iglesia History Makers
76 Windy Hill Rd SW
Marietta, GA 30060
Cumberland Community Church
3110 Sports Ave SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
8:00-1:00 (Note the time change!)
Please click on the link to apply: http://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=YMCAPASS&cws=4&rid=4050