Early Learning Readiness (ELR) Bilingual Facilitator/ORD700
Nature and Scope :
Under the direction of the Early Learning Readiness Sr. Associate, the ELR Facilitator will be primarily responsible for supporting the delivery of the associations Early Learning Readiness program and for the successful achievement of improved social-emotional, cognitive, physical and general well-being of children and their adult caregivers.
This position requires daily, local travel to sites in the community including the set up and breakdown of 15 learning centers at each location daily. The facilitator will work directly with family, friend, and neighbor caregivers and the children they care for during two hour group sessions twice weekly that are established to provide rich learning experiences for both adults and children. The facilitator will develop relationships with caregivers by acknowledging their role as the child’s first and most important teacher regardless of background, limited English proficiency or level of education.
The facilitator models positive interaction, re-direction and other techniques while engaging with children and caregivers and encouraging them to “learn-to-play” together at the different learning centers. The facilitator actively engages in the learning activities, empowers caregivers by establishing supportive relationships.
The Early Learning Readiness program operates in 10 locations out of 2 central offices, the Robert D. Fowler YMCA located in Norcross and the Northeast Cobb Family YMCA in Marietta. Travel is required from one of these central offices daily by driving Y program vans to one of the program locations.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish is required.
- CDA (Child Development Associate) Certificate preferred or minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience in early childhood education or related work with children ages 0-5.
- 2 or more years of .experience working with parents/caregivers of young children is preferred
- High School diploma required
- Must be able to drive a cargo van and travel to multiple locations within a 30 mile radius of the central office location.
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base management.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Passa criminal background and drug screening check.
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation.
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout employment.
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position’s scope and responsibility.
- Drive the Y program van to and from program site daily.
- Load and un-load learning center equipment into the van daily.
- Set up learning environment with program equipment.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding Early Learning programs.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of learning activities and curriculum.
- Ensure all Early Learning Readiness programs run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR,First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Metro Atlanta YMCA New Staff Orientation, Branch and off-site Emergency procedures] and any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Effect on the End Result:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the Early Learning Readiness program and the success of services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of members and ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 40 pounds, stacking storage containers, loading and un-loading storage onto a van, twice daily.