Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education Job Description
Operations and Finance Coordinator
Would you like to make a meaningful contribution to Georgia’s students reaching their potential to succeed in school and in life? If so, you may have a future with the Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education, a one-of-a-kind, dynamic, small team-oriented organization that is making a bold impact on education policy and practice.
The Georgia Partnership serves as the go-to source for high-quality, unbiased information on Georgia’s most critical education issues. In achieving this, we 1) convene business, education, civic and government leaders; 2) utilize and disseminate credible research; and 3) advocate for best policies and practices, with the goal of ensuring all Georgia students succeed throughout the education pipeline. Our staff strives to live our corporate values of respect, integrity, excellence, and collaboration.
The Georgia Partnership is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Operations and Finance Coordinator to play an essential role in supporting the organization’s operations and fiscal management. The Georgia Partnership’s success since its founding in 1992 has hinged partly on its devotion to continuous improvement and a commitment to ensuring all financial and business processes are best in class among nonprofits. The job requires an individual adept at multi- tasking and evolving sound financial and organizational systems, resulting in new responsibilities over time.
REPORTS TO: Operations and Finance Director
- Manage accounts payable/accounts receivable functions
- Assist in budgeting, annual audit, and financial monitoring processes
- Other finance support duties as assigned
- Coordinate logistics for meetings/events (in person, online, and hybrid)
- Provide administrative support and tracking for various reports, programs, and business matters
- Serve as first point of contact for visitors, inquiries, and meetings
- Develop and implement procedural and policy guidelines for office operations
- Support employee engagement for a hybrid (in person/remote) workforce
- Maintain office supply inventory and mange purchasing/servicing/disposals
- Manage an organized office filing system (paper and electronic)
- Other operations support duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years related work experience in finance or budgeting processes, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Ability to report to and work from office space in downtown Atlanta, Georgia on a regular basis
- High degree of proficiency in (1) QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software; and (2) Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- 2 years in accounts payable a plus
- Proficiency in CRMs a plus
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
- Commitment to improving society through systemic/institutional change
- Team player interested in serving in a support role for various workstreams
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable; manages requests from multiple outlets to completion consistently
- Affinity for implementing and improving procedures
- Sense of humor a plus!
NEXT STEPS FOR INTERESTED CANDIDATES:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations and Finance Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Position to remain open until filled. No calls please.
Compensation based on experience. This is a full-time position. Health and dental insurance packages are offered. The Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and nothing in the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.