GEORGIA PARTNERSHIP FOR EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
Would you like to make a meaningful contribution to Georgia’s students reaching their potential to succeed in school and in life? If so, you may have a future with the Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education, a one- of-a-kind, dynamic, small team-oriented organization that is making a bold impact on education policy and practice.
The Georgia Partnership serves as the go-to source for high-quality, unbiased information on Georgia’s most critical education issues. Founded in 1992, we are a non-partisan organization that works diligently to improve educational outcomes and workforce development in Georgia. In achieving this, we 1) convene business, education, civic and government leaders; 2) utilize and disseminate credible research; and 3) advocate for best policies and practices, with the goal of ensuring all Georgia students succeed throughout the education pipeline.
The Georgia Partnership is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Policy Analyst to play a multi-faceted role in supporting the organization’s education policy research and communications efforts. High-quality public schools are an essential ingredient for Georgia’s inclusive economic recovery and for families and communities to thrive. States with a more educated workforce tend to have stronger economies overall and quality schools help equip communities to compete in today’s global marketplace. Reaching that goal depends on sound policy solutions and relentless support for public schools.
The successful candidate will help the Partnership promote policies and partnerships that ensure every Georgia child has access to a high-quality education and an equitable opportunity to fully participate in Georgia’s growing economy. The job requires an individual who is a great multi-tasker and who brings a ‘can-do,’ inventive attitude that allows for the position to evolve and change with new responsibilities over time.
The primary responsibilities of the Policy Analyst will provide research, report writing, and project management in supporting the creation of related communications and publications. The ideal candidate will have research and analytic skills and experience and possess knowledge in one or more of the following subject matter areas: early childhood education, K-12 education, post-secondary education, workforce development and child welfare. The Policy Analyst will report directly to the President and will collaborate with the Partnership’s Communications Director and Strategic Partnership Coordinator. Specific responsibilities include:
- Research: Supports the President in identifying and developing the policy/research priorities by:
- Researching education best-practices to inform policy recommendations, such as for EdQuest
- Assisting with policy analysis, researching, and authoring of publications and presentations such as Top Ten Issues to Watch, Economics of Education, and other written materials as
- Compiling and analyzing education data for presentations and programs.
- Staying abreast of state and federal legislative actions and administrative decisions related to
- Communications: Promotes the Partnership’s mission and brand, supporting Communications Director’s work through traditional media, social media, and relationship building, including:
- Assisting in creating effective resources for stakeholder engagement and advocacy action.
- Help disseminate the Partnership’s policy analysis and recommendations by authoring blogs, op- eds, and other materials.
- Deliver presentations to partner organizations and local community and stakeholder
- Support: Support Partnership staff across a variety of Partnership programs and events such as:
- Materials and planning related to the Education Policy Fellowship
- Providing research and policy related information for Critical Issues Forums, Regional Summits, Regional Workshops, Regional Learning Networks, and other convenings as
- Manage the coordination of the EdQuest Georgia
- Support in the design and implementation of special projects targeted at promoting best education practices and policy advancement in
Qualifications and Qualities Required
- 4-year post-secondary degree required; degrees in communication, policy, research or related fields
- Advanced degrees in public policy or related fields are desirable; MPA, MPP or PMP
- Strong writing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to synthesize qualitative research and quantitative
- Relevant experience with writing and communications, social media engagement, and journalistic writing
- Strong networking skills with the ability to build relationships virtually as well as through personal
- The ability to marry information with visual graphics to tell a story and convey information to an audience in written reports/oral
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication
- Strong organization skills, including the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects, while meeting
- Able to implement big-picture ideas into action steps with minimal day-to-day
- Strong commitment to equity and improving public
- A can-do attitude and whatever-it-takes willingness to support
- An entrepreneurial, learning orientation and an ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback and new
- Clear demonstration of being both a team player and a self-starter, including exceptional organization and time management
- Ability to report to and work from office space in downtown Atlanta, Georgia on a regular
- Ability to travel statewide as
- Grace under pressure and a good sense of
PROCESS FOR APPLYING
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy Analyst Application” in the subject line. Position to remain open until filled. No calls please.
Competitive compensation based on experience. Generous benefits package, including health and dental insurance, is offered. This is a full-time position. The Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and nothing in the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.