GALEO & GALEO Impact Fund Are Seeking a Development Director
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Posted: March 30, 2021
Mission & Vision
GALEO’s mission is to increase civic engagement and leadership of the Latino/Hispanic community across Georgia.
Vision: GALEO strives for a better Georgia where the Latino community is engaged civically and its contributions and concerns are recognized.
Inclusive, Non-Partisan, Diversity, Responsive
GALEO was instrumental in increasing the Latino/Hispanic vote in Georgia in 2020 by more than 70%. GALEO founded the longest serving leadership organization for Latino/Hispanic leaders in Georgia, training more than 725 people in 23 cohorts across the state of Georgia, each cohort invest 89 hours in leadership and development training.
Become a part of a rapidly growing demographic in Georgia. GALEO LCDF and the GALEO Impact Fund are seeking our first full time Development Director to lead our fundraising and major gifts efforts to continue expanding our work across Georgia. This position will work with the 501c3 and 501c4 to achieve annual development goals. The development director will be the drive of development strategy for GALEO through diversified revenue programs, high level donor cultivation and retention of current supporters.
This position is full time and includes but not limited to:
- Developing a comprehensive finance plan to meet the needs of the organization at $1M plus annually.
- Expand and cultivate the donor base for individual as well as corporate donations, including outreach to the philanthropic community.
- Oversee and develop fundraising programs by setting goals for weekly and monthly and quarterly achievement.
- Maintain and expand communications with current donors, philanthropic donors and corporate sponsors to expand and develop support.
- Establish and execute a plan for leveraging existing organizational relationships .
- Craft and expand digital communications with donors, telling our story as it happens to increase interest and donations.
- Deliver reports as to the Board of Directors and staff the state goals, achievement and forecasting for success.
- Work with Board of Directors and staff to expand fundraising opportunities for the organization.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers to plan and manage fundraising and donor events.
- Create and cultivate fundraising teams to build capacity throughout the state of Georgia.
- Promote the advocacy and voter engagement work that GALEO does to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Manage and develop the philanthropic grant application and processes for the organization.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO and communications team to create materials that speak the work of GALEO to potential donors, sponsors, philanthropy, and corporations.
- Participate in developing the framework for an Annual Report to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders and which aligns with the organization’s commitment to transparency.
- Together with the CEO, develop & review annual metrics for determining and measuring key Development goals and performance.
- Provide input to the CEO to determine systems, operational financial & human resources required to meet Development goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by CEO.
- Required 3-5 years of political and non-profit development experience, including managing rapid response donations, and fund development. Proven grant writing, submission and reporting.
- A proven track record of managing relationships, cultural competency and managing donors at various levels.
- Experience working within NGP programs, specifically Every Action to maximize donor relations and programs.
- Ability to work with an engaged Board of Directors and founder that is also the CEO of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work on their own initiatives as well as be an integral part of the team.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus, but NOT required.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to amplify the voice and leadership of the Latino community in Georgia and advancing progressive issues and campaigns.
- Must share a commitment to advancing racial justice and equity and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Familiarity with the complex issues and obstacles facing communities of color.
Salary & Benefits:
GALEO offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Salary range: $55,000.00-$70,000.00, based upon relevant experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, to email@example.com by April 15th. Position will be opened until filled. Please no phone calls, if there are questions, please send to the email address above.