The GALEO LCDF & the GALEO Impact Fund are seeking a Communications Manager to help support the expansion of the organization’s communications program. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with experience working on grassroots issues advocacy or electoral campaigns. The Communications Manager will be responsible for working with GALEO’s leadership team to produce high-quality and engaging content that supports the organization’s goal of registering thousands of Latinos to vote, developing Latinx leaders, and fighting to uphold and expand Latino voting rights and participation in the democratic process. Primary duties include creating informative content for distribution across a variety of print and digital mediums, press releases, articles, presentations, and other media-related and public facing content. The successful candidate will be a culturally fluent communicator with strong presentation and organizational skills.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Support state-based campaigns; increase social media and stakeholder engagement; maintain a pulse on current events and drive messaging.
- Write a wide range of communications materials–– press releases, op-ed, social media copy, toolkits, blog posts, and other web content.
- Assist team with proofreading and supporting content creation.
- Assist in research and run social media metrics reports for a range of campaigns.
- Provide cross-functional support of all communications needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A great fit for someone who wants to work on building coalitions through communications and establishing a high-functioning social media program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years of communications experience in a political or progressive issue campaign environment.
- Strong background in, or strong familiarity with, civic engagement organizing and/or political campaigns.
- A self-starter who is able to hop in on projects and contribute ideas from the start.
- Candidate must be fully bilingual (conversation and written communications) in both English and Spanish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and ability to work collaboratively with a close-knit team
- Ability to work independently and produce quality content with minimal instruction.
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines and providing fast turn-around of quality communications.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours when necessary
- Proficiency with Google suite and social media tools
- Metro Atlanta area; Remote
- Salary based upon experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please email a cover letter, resume, one writing sample in English and one writing sample in Spanish, and three professional references to Jerry Gonzalez at email@example.com. No phone calls or inquiry emails, please.
- Applications will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis. This position is fulltime salaried position and will remain open until filled.
GALEO LCDF and GALEO Impact Fund are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.