JOB POSTING: FULL-TIME COMMUNITY ORGANIZER
GALEO is a statewide organization dedicated to building a better Georgia where the Latino community is engaged civically and its contributions and concerns are recognized. GALEO’s mission is to increase civic engagement and leadership development of the Latino/Hispanic community across Georgia. Our core beliefs are: Inclusion, Non-Partisan, Diversity and Responsive.
For more information, please visit https://galeo.org.
GALEO is working together in a coordinated manner with our allies to ensure increased participation in increased voter engagement.
- Position requires the ability to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, and is considered a full-time position (40 hours per week minimum).
- Great growth opportunity with GALEO for recent college graduates.
- Building and coordinating a team of canvassers in a specific assigned county
- Meeting aggressive recruitment and contact goals in phone banking, text banking, mailers, and any other campaign GALEO does.
- Running meetings, training sessions, contactless canvassing (literature drops), phone banks, text banks, and other field efforts to support GALEO goals.
- Data entry of field work will be essential and keeping timely and accurate reports will be required frequently in various databases.
- Managing and working with paid part-time canvassers across the state. Primarily in assigned County, and elsewhere as extra support is needed.
- Working with the Program Coordinator and GALEO staff to ensure that field team goals are being met and communicating and overcoming obstacles.
- Maintain computer files, records and contact lists in a consistent and organized manner.
- Provide strategic and technical campaign support including field, communications, and administrative to meet the campaign goals and priorities of active civic engagement campaigns.
- Implement and be held accountable as ADMIN for metrics-driven Field Programs (Voter Registration, Petition Gathering, Census, GOTV, etc.).
- Other duties/projects assigned by the GALEO staff, including Chief Executive Officer, are to be done efficiently and professionally.
- Preferred some college level education.
- Must have their own reliable transportation.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish. Must be able to translate text and communicate effectively in both languages, written and oral.
- Some electoral, community or union organizing experience. Passionate about making a significant impact in the Latinx community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, work well under pressure, be detail and goal oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic and professional approach to problem solving – ability to think outside the box.
- Must have social media skills and be comfortable in all mediums.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Some experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced & flexible
- Willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule; working weekends and evenings will be required.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate teamwork.
- Must be comfortable working independently.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to grow with the GALEO Latino Community Development Fund.
- Knowledge of Latino community issues.
- Must demonstrate commitment to Latino community and issues.
- Computer skills are critical. Ability to work with MS Windows and/or Mac Office programs: MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, MSPowerPoint, and various internet applications and social media such as Facebook.com, YouTube.com, Twitter, Instagram and WordPress. Must be comfortable or able to learn to work with website updates and HTML code.
- Cobb County
How to Apply:
Please send the following in an email:
- an email cover letter
- an attached resume
- list of at least three (3) work related references
to Jeniffer Chow, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes and the corresponding requirements listed above will be accepted until position is filled.
This is an entry-level position with the potential for growth. The position is also non-exempt (hourly). Pay would be based upon education and experience.