GALEO Student Internships
GALEO seeks undergraduate or graduate students every semester (Spring, Summer, and Fall) for part-time internships in various areas, including community relations, administrative support, volunteer management, policy work, etc. All student interns will be required to work a minimum of 10- 15 hours per week and work directly with the Executive and Program Coordinators on developing/ writing marketing materials and web content, researching legislative issues, service and program development, fundraising, and assisting in event planning. Interns will have the opportunity to work on one of the following tracks:
- Civic Engagement – Working with our field team to execute our voter registration and voter engagement efforts.
- Communications – Working closely with our Communications Director to develop outgoing materials including but not limited to: articles, social media, press releases, etc.
- Development – Working with our Development Director to identify possible grants and fundraising opportunities.
- Leadership – Support our leadership development team with event coordination and execution.
- Policy/Advocacy – Working with our policy team to keep track of legislative issues that are of importance to our organizational goals, as well as developing materials to share our policy updates with the general public, among other duties.
- Interns will be mainly working remotely with some work done at the office. The schedule will be flexible to accommodate coursework.
- Students should be interested in politics, political communications, leadership development, immigration reform, voting rights, and Latinx rights.
- Students should possess excellent writing and communication skills, be self-starters and be able to work independently.
- Students should be able to manage time well and meet deadlines.
- Command of English is required, and knowledge of Spanish is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates should fill out this application form
Please direct any questions to our Program Coordinator:
Omar Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline for HYBRID Fall 2022: August 12, 2022, at 11:59 pm
(We will start accepting applications on July 26th, 2022)