GALEO Student Internships
The Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials (GALEO) seeks undergraduate or graduate students every semester (Spring, Summer, and Fall) for part- time internships in various areas, including: community relations, administrative support, volunteer management, policy work, etc. All student interns will be required to work a minimum of 10- 15 hours per week and work directly with the Executive and Program Coordinators on: developing/ writing marketing materials and web content, researching legislative issues, service and program development, fundraising and assist in event planning.
- Interns will be required to work most of the time from the office. Schedule will be flexible to accommodate course work.
- Students should be interested in politics, political communications/ journalism, leadership development, immigration reform and Latino rights.
- Students should possess excellent writing and communication skills, be self-starters and be able to work independently.
- Students should be able to manage time well and meet deadlines.
- Command of English is required and knowledge of Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should send:
- Writing sample
Please send all information to our Program Coordinator:
Polo Vargas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline for HYBRID Spring 2022: January 7th, 2022 at 5 pm
Application Deadline for HYBRID Summer 2022: May 6th, 2022 at 5 pm
Application Deadline for HYBRID Fall 2022: September 2nd, 2022 at 5 pm