Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Department: Finance and Human Resources
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Daily
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Sr. Accountant is responsible for coordinating, and assisting with the organization’s financial operations. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The Sr. Accountant reviews and approve daily accounting transactions, assist the CFO with the annual budget preparation, perform monthly account analysis, prepare grant billing and assist with cash management. Additionally, the Sr. Accountant assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures and maintains the accounting systems. The position is a full-time salaried position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the maintenance of the organization’s system of accounts and records on all transactions and assets: cash, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to develop the annual financial budget for the organization.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of monthly salary and benefits expense allocations to all programs.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of monthly general expense allocations to all programs.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of invoices or requests for reimbursement on grant funded programs. Ensure that the programs are billed by required deadlines and include appropriate documentation for timely reimbursement.
- Review and approve all disbursements for coding and appropriate approvals.
- Review and approve all bank deposits for coding.
- Review and approve monthly bank reconciliations.
- Work with the CFO to develop, implement, and maintain relative accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and related account segments. Communicate changes to relative managers to assist in appropriate coding.
- Monitor cash and expected future cash receipts and disbursements to assure the organization is able to meet its future financial obligations in a consistent and timely manner.
- Work with the CFO for month-end and year-end closings and for review of periodic and timely cash and account balance reconciliations.
- Prepare and post assigned monthly journal entries, including release of Temporarily Restricted Assets.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with annual and periodic budgets and revisions. Responsible for accurate budget input and maintenance in Abila.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Provide backup to all team members of the Finance and Human Resources Department in all capacities.
|SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES|
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully interact with a diverse staff from a variety of cultural, ethnic, religious, and educational backgrounds.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Detailed oriented with strong analytical abilities and skills. Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, recognizes a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated core competency skills in MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees.
- Ability to identify and resolve system and management level issues.
- Adapts easily to working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in grant management, budgeting and monitoring compliance.
- Familiarity with non-profit accounting software Abila MIP Fund Accounting.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Employer contributes to medical, dental and vision insurance. Employer pays life and disability insurance. 14 paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy. Employee has the option to contribute to 401(k).
New American Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.