The University of North Georgia Migrant Programs are hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant. The position is on the UNG Gainesville campus and fully benefited. The standard hiring range is $14.76-$16.24 an hour.
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant I on the Gainesville campus. Under the moderate supervision of the Director of Migrant Programs & Services, the Administrative Assistant will coordinate and support the director and program staff for the successful implementation of the High School Equivalency Program (HEP) and the College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) at the University of North Georgia. The HEP project is a federally funded program designed to support students from migrant and seasonal farm-worker background to obtain a GED. HEP assists with financial assistance and academic support services to attain a GED and sequentially, obtain a job, enroll in post-secondary education, or join the military. CAMP is a federally funded program designed to support students from migrant and seasonal farm-worker backgrounds during their first year in college and beyond. The CAMP program provides students with financial assistance and support services to prepare them to continue their post-secondary education. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support while planning and coordinating various record-keeping activities to ensure grant compliance. This position is contingent on grant funding.
Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
- Monitor fiscal operations and transactions of both projects: reconcile budget expenditures and allocations; prepare budget amendments, purchase requisitions, check requests; and travel reimbursement paperwork. Prepare employment personnel actions. Collaborate with p-card holder and various vendors to make purchases.
- Creates and maintains budget expenditure and projects compliance binders. Create forms and documents using Microsoft Office, PDF, other online formats for budget and general program purposes. Collaborate with various university departments to help maintain grant compliance.
- Coordinate the hiring process for student staff; assist in student staff supervision/training; and approves their time. Maintains/organizes storage space, shared workspace, and conducts supply inventories. Oversight and implementation of programs student computer loan program.
- Create room reservations; coordinates electronic and physical file systems for the success and compliance of the projects. Coordinates student file audits for long term storage. Provide support for all projects programming initiatives.
- Collaborates with programs enrollment coordinators to maintain programs websites and social media presence. Collaborates with programs Associate Directors and Director in data collection and management for assessment and reporting purposes.
- Provide budgetary support to the Migrant Student Union and Director to ensure allocated student activity fee funds are appropriately spent to university guidelines.
- Coordinate and support the Director and program staff with other administrative duties as assigned for the projects success.
- The position is expected to work during UNG office hours with some evening and weekend hours as needed. May occasionally work Saturdays and some evenings.
Knowldege, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have strong computer/technology, social media, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Higher education general knowledge and ability to demonstrate empathy towards the plight of migrant/seasonal/agricultural work and life.
- Must have knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong background as a team player; Ability to work under moderate direction/supervision, to meet deadlines, complete tasks, and adjust to fluctuating workloads.
- Ability to be organized, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties.
- Be able to move or lift up to 25lbs.
- High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Four years of administrative support/coordination experience is required.
- Must have reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- The position is contingent upon reaching assigned goals, successfully meeting all job responsibilities, and continuation of the grant.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Experience in HEP, CAMP or similar educational grant projects and knowledge of their inner workings is highly preferred.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English is preferred.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.