(213) 765-9427, (510) 456-5444
***WASHINGTON, D.C. – MONDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2020 AT 12:30 P.M. ET***
NALEO Educational Fund to Release New Data on
Latino Community Perceptions of the 2020 Census
Data will offer key findings on how the Latino community perceives the census and what kind of messages are effective given barriers to participation
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Ahead of the 2020 Census, the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund will release new research and analysis during a briefing at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. on Monday, February 10, 2020, from 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET.
The briefing will take place at the National Press Club and will feature a presentation by NALEO Educational Fund Chief Executive Officer, Arturo Vargas, presenting research conducted in partnership with political opinion research firm, Latino Decisions. Research presented during the briefing will include:
- Latino perceptions around the census post-citizenship question, and how messaging can educate, mitigate fears, and motivate participation;
- Insight into the power of Latino community organizations as trusted messengers and motivators for census participation;
- Participation preferences among Latino subgroups and how they interact with census questions;
- Recommendations on communications strategies to best reach Latinos and mobilize their participation in Census 2020; and
- Presentation of effective creative messages and visuals.
Arturo Vargas, Chief Executive Officer of NALEO Educational Fund.
NALEO Educational Fund Census 2020 Research Briefing, “Countdown to Census 2020: New Data on Latino Perceptions”
Monday, February 10, 2020 – 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET
National Press Club – Holeman Lounge, 13th Floor
529 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20045
For decades, NALEO Educational Fund has been a leading voice on the decennial census and efforts to advance policy and outreach to ensure the federal government fulfills its constitutional obligation to conduct an accurate count. This requires understanding Latino perceptions of the census, the barriers to the community’s participation, and what kinds of messages are effective at increasing participation.
This event is open to media. Space is limited.
About NALEO Educational Fund
NALEO Educational Fund is the nation’s leading non-profit, non-partisan organization that facilitates the full participation of Latinos in the American political process, from citizenship to public service.