GALEO’s mission is to increase civic engagement and leadership development of the
Latino/Hispanic community across Georgia. Our core beliefs are: Inclusion, Non-Partisan, Diversity
For more information, please visit https://galeo.org.
GALEO is working together in a coordinated manner with our allies to ensure increased participation
in increased voter engagement.
● Position requires the ability to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and
weekends, and is considered a full-time position (40 hours per week minimum).
● Great growth opportunity with GALEO for recent college graduates.
● Building and coordinating a team of canvassers in a specific assigned county
● Meeting aggressive recruitment and contact goals in phone banking, text banking,
mailers, and any other campaign GALEO does.
● Running meetings, training sessions,in person canvassing with safety protocols,
contactless canvassing (literature drops), phone banks, text banks, and other field efforts
to support GALEO goals.
● Data entry of field work will be essential and keeping timely and accurate reports will be
required frequently in various databases.
● Managing and working with part-time canvassers across the state. Primarily in assigned
County, and elsewhere as extra support is needed.
● Working with the Program Manager and GALEO staff to ensure that field team goals are
being met and communicating and overcoming obstacles.
● Maintain computer files, records and contact lists in a consistent and organized manner
● Create and maintain relationships with community leaders, organizations, community
● Provide strategic and technical campaign support including field, communications, and
administrative to meet the campaign goals and priorities of active civic engagement
● Implement and be held accountable as an administrator for metrics-driven Field Programs
(Voter Registration, Petition Gathering, GOTV, etc.).
● Build and manage team of motivated individuals to work in outreach (in person and
● Work with your team to strategize best practices to reach your community and get your
campaign message across
● Manage team to meet your county’s campaign goals
● Work with other coordinators/GALEO staff on collaborative work/townhalls/media projects
● Manage canvassers hours, making sure canvasser requirements are met.
● Attend and lead community meetings, presentations, and county discussions
● Conduct quality control procedures on voter registration and canvassers work
● Meet and review progress of your campaign
● Meet and review performance of your canvassers
● Other duties/projects assigned by the GALEO staff, including Chief Executive Officer, are
to be done efficiently and professionally and on time.
● Preferred college level education. (Associates, Bachelors, Masters, etc.)
● Must be fully COVID vaccinated/boosted
● Must meet goals in a timely manner.
● Must be comfortable with last minute changes.
● Required to work some weekends; no exceptions.
● Must have their own reliable transportation.
● Must be fluent in both English and Spanish. Must be able to translate text and
communicate effectively in both languages, written and oral.
● Some electoral, community or union organizing experience. Passionate about making a
significant impact in the Latinx community.
● Ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, work well under pressure, be
detail and goal oriented.
● Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic and professional approach to problem solving –
ability to think outside the box.
● Must have social media skills and be comfortable in all mediums.
● Ideal candidates will have excellent time management, project management and
● Some experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
● Willingness to work in a fast-paced & flexible
● Willingness to accommodate a flexible schedule; working weekends and evenings will be
● Must be a self-starter and demonstrate teamwork.
● Must be comfortable working independently.
● Excellent verbal and written skills.
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
● Willingness to grow with the GALEO Latino Community Development Fund.
● Knowledge of Latino community issues.
● Must demonstrate commitment to Latino community and issues.
● Computer skills are critical. Ability to work with MS Windows and/or Mac Office programs:
MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, MSPowerPoint, and various internet applications and
social media such as Facebook.com, YouTube.com, Twitter, Instagram and WordPress.
Must be comfortable or able to learn to work with website updates and HTML code.
How to Apply:
Please send the following in an email:
- an email cover letter
- an attached resume
- list of at least three (3) work related references
to Darrick Alvarez. Director of Civic Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes and the corresponding requirements listed above will be accepted until the position is
This is an entry-level position with the potential for growth. The position is also non-exempt (hourly).
Pay would be based upon education and experience.