Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited
economic means, of any faith or creed, to become men and women for and with others. Through a rigorous college
preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate prepared for college
and life. To learn more about the school, please visit: www.cristoreyatlanta.org
Reports to: Director of Finance and Human Resources
Summary of Job Responsibilities: The Front Desk Receptionist is the foremost public representative of Cristo Rey
Atlanta Jesuit High School to all community members and constituents who enter the building or correspond via
phone or email. The Receptionist should maintain a cordial, welcoming, professional attitude and appearance to
appropriately reflect the mission of the school. The Receptionist should follow procedures, provide direction to
visitors and community members, and direct inquiries to the appropriate party.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Show proven understanding of Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School’s mission and bylaws and abide by
• Assist in establishing school culture by holding students accountable for established standards.
• Maintain professional front desk area while students are present including but not limited to
prohibiting students behind the front desk, not allowing students to use nor answer phones nor
operate any front desk duties otherwise handled by an approved adult.
• Ensure all incoming guests, faculty and staff are greeted and tended to warmly and efficiently.
• Professionally field and direct incoming phone calls to the appropriate staff member with an
introduction of who is calling to the in-house personnel followed by an acknowledgement to the
person calling of the pending transfer.
• File, copy and fax sensitive information in a timely manner to ensure an efficient school hub.
• Diligently arrive punctually to work to ensure smooth shift changes and adequate debriefing time.
• Perform quarterly professional development and Jesuit formation tasks as laid out by manager.
• Notify manager of any additional interdepartmental activities, i.e. Interview Days, to attend and assist
with to augment community nature of organization.
• Manage outgoing correspondence and catalog received materials by following established procedures.
• Report “suspicious activity” that may negatively impact school operations to the Dean’s Office
• Complete various data entry/communications assignments as needed.
• Avidly grow front desk support network.
• Effectively perform all other duties as assigned.
• Readily support the organization by assisting in other departments as approved by manager.
• Given the epicentral nature of the front desk, diligently communicate with manager of any pending
projects, requests, or tensions.
• Honor all confidential information made privy from upper management.
• Hours 6:00am – 2:00pm, Monday – Friday.
• This is a 12-month position.
Successful applicants will embody the mission-commitment, intellectual curiosity, openness to growth, optimism,
and enthusiasm that are central to the members of Cristo Rey Atlanta’s team. In addition, applicants should meet
or exceed the following requirements:
• High school diploma
• Previous experience working with students.
• Must be able to pass a local criminal history/background check.
• Spanish speaking desired.
To apply, submit the following items Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. Please include the
position in the subject line.
– Cover letter
– Contact information for 3-5 professional references (direct phone and email)
Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state,
or local law in the administration of any of its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment.