Program Coordinator for Leadership Development
GALEO Latino Community Development Fund (also known as GALEO) is Seeking a Program Coordinator for Leadership Development
Location: Norcross, Georgia
Reports to: Director of Leadership Development
Posted: December 7, 2022
GALEO’s mission is to increase civic engagement and leadership of the Latino/Hispanic community across Georgia.
Vision: GALEO strives for a better Georgia where the Latino community is engaged civically and its contributions and concerns are recognized and respected.
Core Beliefs: Inclusive, Non-Partisan, Diversity, Responsive
GALEO was instrumental in increasing the Latino/Hispanic vote in Georgia in 2020 by more than 70%. GALEO founded the longest serving leadership organization for Latino/Hispanic leaders in Georgia, training more than 843 people in 25 cohorts across the state of Georgia, each cohort investing 89 hours in leadership and development training. The leadership program has been cited as a national model of Latino leadership development training.
The Program Coordinator for Leadership Development will be supporting the Director for Leadership Development. The position of Program Coordinator for Leadership Development will be helping with the GALEO Institute for Leadership (GIL) program which includes the statewide and Georgia State University cohort. The Program Coordinator will also assist in planning other leadership events such as the annual Latino Leaders Summit and the one day Leadership Series (English/Spanish curriculum, depending upon need).
- Support the other Program Coordinator in creating and publishing the monthly GIL alumni newsletter (knowing some graphic design is a benefit)
- Prepare materials for the GIL cohort sessions
- Be present during the cohort sessions – 1 Saturday a month (February – November)
- Help coordinate the annual Latino Leaders Summit
- Assist with planning and attending the Dalton Series & Columbus Series
- Keeping track of payments from the statewide cohort members
- Perform other administrative tasks within the Leadership Department
- Attend and participate in other GALEO events such as the Hispanic Heritage Month Luncheon and Power Breakfast
- Support GALEO Leadership Council as needed
- Represent the organization in professional settings
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, or at least 1 year in equivalent work experience
- Previous work experience in project management and logistics is highly preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) and to travel
domestically on occasion
- Ability to work on Canva
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the Latinx community
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced work environment and take initiative on related projects
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, goals, and work of GALEO
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a strategic and efficient fashion
- Experience in marketing coordination or similar role
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Strong administrative, management, facilitation, interpersonal, and leadership development skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Salary & Benefits:
GALEO offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Full range of competitive benefits are included at this link.
Salary range: $16.83 – $19.23 per hour ($35,000 – $40,000), based upon relevant experience.
Please email your resume, a thoughtful cover letter, and a short writing sample on a policy issue of your choosing to email@example.com. Position will be opened until filled. Please no phone calls, if there are questions, please send to the email address above.
GALEO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, low-income people, women, gender non-conforming, and LGBTQI people to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Application deadline is December 21, 2022, with interviews to follow on a rolling basis and concluded by the end of December 2022. Preferred start date is January 2023.