The Outreach and Resource Coordinator will raise awareness of domestic violence through various outreach activities, coordinate volunteer activities, develop resources and assist with client referrals.
- Coordinate outreach events throughout refugee and immigrant communities.
- Raising awareness of domestic violence through different outreach efforts
- Developing and disseminating multilingual outreach materials within the various Immigrant communities
- Facilitate legal and social service referrals between clients and partner organizations.
- Engage in community outreach through presentations to legal and social service organizations, community stakeholders, and schools to help build a network of partners for helping victims of Domestic violence in the State of Georgia.
- Volunteer coordination and interviews.
- Soliciting and coordinating donations as needed for clients.
- Make referrals and link survivors with appropriate resources.
- Adhere to organization policies and work rules, including confidentiality and code of ethics.
- Engage with domestic violence providers to coordinate service delivery and identify/address issues that have an impact on victims.
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines of organization.
- Provide support to Tapestri staff, including assistance with written/verbal client communications, document collection, scheduling, translation and interpretation, and other administrative needs.
- Conduct periodic client surveys and assist with other reporting requirements for grant compliance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team; and
- Prior experience working with immigrant populations will be weighed favorably.
- Valid Georgia automobile license, use of own auto, and proof of insurance necessary.
- Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree social work (BSW) or an equivalent degree, or work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, abilities, and religious backgrounds & demonstrated ability to serve individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
To Apply: Please send resume to Limia Obadi at Limia@tapestri.org