Heising-Simons Foundation seeks a Program Officer to lead its Human Rights program in Georgia and North Carolina, managing C3 and C4 grantmaking. We hope you can help us find the right person to work with you and many other partners across the state. Please share widely. Background is below.
The program invests in:
- Building the power and capacity of grassroots organizations and leaders;
- Creating healthy justice reform and immigrants’ rights ecosystems that center the grassroots organizing in their work; and
- Advancing reimagined approaches to safety, justice, and accountability.
Through these investments, the Foundation’s Human Rights program envisions a society where people can freely live whole, safe, dignified lives.
Here are the headlines:
- We seek candidates with a history of executive or programmatic leadership in nonprofit or philanthropic organizations focused on criminal and youth justice, immigrant justice, or other intersecting issue areas such as racial, gender, and economic justice.
- Deep experience with grassroots organizing, civic engagement, advocacy, and policy-making in the U.S. South (GA and NC specifically) with nonprofit or philanthropy (grantmaking) experience is strongly preferred.
- The Program Officer (PO) works collaboratively with the Human Rights team of three POs and two Program Associates.
- The PO is expected to be based in and work remotely from Georgia or North Carolina.
- The salary range for this role is $100,000 -140,000, with generous benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and retirement.