JOB POSTING: TWO (2) FULL-TIME COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS
Compensation: $18-20.67 / hour.
GALEO’s mission is to increase civic engagement and leadership development of the Latino/Hispanic community across Georgia.
Our core beliefs are: Inclusion, Non-Partisan, Diversity and Responsive. For more information, please visit https://galeo.org.
Position: Two (2) Full Time- Community Organizers (Locations: Clayton/Henry Counties-South Metro Atlanta AND Whitfield/Gordon/Bartow Counties-NW Georgia)
- Position requires the ability to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, and is considered a full-time position (40 hours per week minimum).
- Great growth opportunity with GALEO for recent college graduates.
- Building and coordinating a team of canvassers in a specific assigned county
- Meeting aggressive recruitment and contact goals in phone banking, text banking, canvassing and any other campaign GALEO does.
- Running meetings, training sessions, in-person canvassing with safety protocols, contactless canvassing (literature drops), phone banks, text banks, and other field efforts to support GALEO goals.
- Data entry of field work will be essential and keeping timely and accurate reports will be required frequently in various databases.
- Managing and working with part-time canvassers across the state. Primarily in assigned Counties, and elsewhere as extra support is needed.
- Working with the Director of Civic Engagement and GALEO staff to ensure that field team goals are being met and communicating and overcoming obstacles.
- Ideal candidates would live in the areas of focus (Locations: Clayton/Henry Counties-South Metro Atlanta AND Whitfield/Gordon/Bartow Counties-NW Georgia).
- Maintain computer files, records and contact lists in a consistent and organized manner
- Create and maintain relationships with community leaders, organizations, community groups
- Provide strategic and technical campaign support including field, communications, and administrative to meet the campaign goals and priorities of active civic engagement campaigns.
- Implement and be held accountable as an administrator for metrics-driven Field Programs (Voter Registration, Petition Gathering, GOTV, etc.).
- Build and manage team of motivated individuals to work in outreach (mostly in-person and some virtually)
- Work with your team to strategize best practices to reach your community and get your campaign message across to our community
- Manage team to meet your counties’ campaign goals
- Work with other coordinators/GALEO staff on collaborative work/townhalls/media projects and events
- Manage canvassers hours, making sure canvasser requirements are met.
- Attend and lead community meetings, presentations, and county discussions
- Conduct quality control procedures on voter registration and canvassers work
- Meet and review progress of your campaign
- Meet and review performance of your canvassers
- Other duties/projects assigned by the GALEO staff, including Chief Executive Officer and/or Deputy Director, are to be done efficiently and professionally and on time.
- Preferred, but not required, college level education. (Associates, Bachelors, Masters, etc.)
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated/boosted and provide proof upon employment
- Must meet goals in a timely manner.
- Must be comfortable with last minute changes.
- Required to work some weekends; no exceptions.
- Must have their own reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish. Must be able to translate text and communicate effectively in both languages, written and oral.
- Some electoral, community or union organizing experience. Passionate about making a significant impact in the Latinx community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well with others, work well under pressure, be detail and goal oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic and professional approach to problem solving – ability to think outside the box.
- Must have social media skills and be comfortable in all mediums.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Some experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate teamwork.
- Must be comfortable working independently.
- Willingness to grow with the GALEO Latino Community Development Fund.
- Knowledge of Latino community issues.
- Must demonstrate commitment to Latino community and issues.
- Computer skills are critical. Ability to work with MS Windows and/or Mac Office programs: MSWord, MSExcel, MSOutlook, MSPowerPoint, and various internet applications and social media such as Facebook.com, YouTube.com, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.
How to Apply:
Please send the following in an email:
- an email cover letter
- an attached resume
- list of at least three (3) work related references
To Darrick Alvarez, Director of Civic Engagement, email@example.com. Resumes and the corresponding requirements listed above will be accepted until the position is filled. This is an entry-level position with the potential for growth. The position is also non-exempt (hourly). Pay rate would be based upon education and experience.
Salary & Benefits:
GALEO offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Full range of competitive benefits are included at this link. Hourly pay rate range: $18-$20.67 per hour based upon relevant experience.
GALEO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of color, low-income people, women, gender non-conforming, and LGBTQI people to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application deadline is January 17, 2022, with interviews to follow on a rolling basis and concluded by the end of January 2023. The preferred start date is February 2023 or sooner.
GALEO LCDF and GALEO Impact Fund are equal opportunities/affirmative action employers. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.