The domestic violence victim advocate conducts initial assessments with domestic violence clients to identify existing or anticipated legal issues, and provides direct services, referrals, and resources to support clients. The domestic violence victim advocate performs all job functions in a, culturally and linguistically competent manner.
- Provide culturally appropriate legal advocacy, including assisting clients in filling out restraining order paperwork, filing, and attending family violence court hearings, immigration assistance, and support services for refugee and immigrant domestic violence survivors within metro Atlanta.
- Accompany survivors to court proceedings.
- Adhere to organization policies and work rules, including confidentiality and code of ethics.
- Transportation to meetings and other appointments as needed.
- Engage with domestic violence providers to coordinate service delivery and identify/address issues that have an impact on victims
- Document all interactions with clients and follow up with appropriate documentation in files- accurately and within agency deadline requirements.
- Keep detailed records of all client services provided.
- Abide by professional confidentiality guidelines of organization.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and any other language.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or other trauma.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team; and
- Prior experience working with immigrant populations will be weighed favorably.
- Valid Georgia automobile license, use of own auto, and proof of insurance necessary.
- Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree social work (BSW) or an equivalent degree, or work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, abilities, and religious backgrounds & demonstrated ability to serve individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
To Apply: Please send resume to Limia Obadi at Limia@tapestri.org