TITLE: Latino Outreach Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Community Outreach & Advocacy Program Manager
A front-line individual serving the Latino community in terms of case Management and support group. Conducts community outreach and training on intimate partner violence and sexual assault. Helps LiveSafe Resources evaluate the services it provides to the Latino community. Empowers clients and encourages client choice in matters affecting them, demonstrating receptive attitudes and sensitivity to choices based on racial, cultural, and ethnic heritage and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Conducts initial intake meeting with new Latino and immigrant residents as needed.
• Meets with clients and establishes nurturing relationship with client to provide safety planning, support, information, and referrals.
• Tracks and logs statistical data and completes reports as required.
• Assists clients in attaining basic needs and advocates for the client with other agencies to assist in obtaining services.
• Prepare trainings and other educational presentations with the purpose of educating others on the issues of intimate partner violence and sexual assault, with a focus, but not limited to, the Latino community.
• Attends various events in the LiveSafe Resources tri-county service area for the purpose of community outreach, such as health fairs, campus events, public safety events, etc. Some of these activities will take place during evenings and weekends.
• Participates as a member of the Outreach and Advocacy programs, attends group meetings, and assists with group projects.
• Facilitates a Spanish-language support group once a week.
• Attend to Spanish speaking clients with Temporary Protective Orders by phone or at the courthouse as needed.
• Represents LiveSafe Resources on various committees and collaboratives addressing the Latino community as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases tracking of information.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish a must; and Portuguese with lived bi-cultural experience a plus.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work with victims in a non-judgmental and confidential manner
• Some experience in public speaking.
• Ability to manage and resolve problems.
• Ability to enter data into manual or automated systems.
• Ability to display professionalism when working with clients or staff and when representing the organization in the community.
MINIMUM CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred in social work, sociology, psychology, or other areas of specialty and 2-4 years experience in related field. A combination of education and work experience may be substituted. Bilingual in Spanish required. Portuguese is a plus.
Must have valid driver’s license in State of Georgia and driving record must comply with insurance requirements. Must complete and pass CPR First Aid Course. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of background, fingerprint, drug, and motor vehicle record checks.
LiveSafe Resources is an organization which relies on the generosity of the community’s citizens to support its mission. We are a United Way supported organization and highly encourage our employees to support the United Way by giving through payroll deduction.